Friday, February 13, 2015

Apologia and WA: Physical Science Problem Sets

Once the kids have had an introduction with a bunch of activities, it is time to add the math.  Speed and Velocity problems allow kids to ease into the math and reinforce the difference between speed and velocity, get the basic terms sorted.  Speed and Velocity Answer Key

Next, I am using These Speed and Velocity plans and problem sets.  I re typed the problems to add my students' names in the word problems, a trick math teachers often use to engage kids.  It takes time to work through these problems because kids have trouble with units and like terms.  In despair, I had my class write the concept, formula, and possible units in a chart.

We are having a quiz next to see if the kids can perform these types of calculations. (Speed and Velocity Problems) before doing more labs.  I like to test vocabulary apart from problem sets because kids will study terms and neglect to practice problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...