Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Apologia Chemistry: Learning Management Systems
Public and private schools frequently use learning management systems (LMS) to organize lessons, share links, and store documents. Popular sites include Blackboard and Google Classrooms. Years ago, a colleague introduced me to nicenet.org, a free website. When you visit the website, click 'join a class' and enter the key code: YZ@923220Q90 for the Chemistry class. Over the past ten years, the schools and college where I taught changed LMS frequently; I have used over a dozen different systems. Sometimes, the school changed systems mid-year! I stored some of my favorite resources on Nicenet for easy access. It is not as robust as say Blackboard- but, it is easy to use and free. Home-school families may elect to create a class on Nicenet to organize their materials, syllabi, and documents for portfolio evaluations. I think between Blogger and Nicenet, a family could compile a formidable electronic portfolio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment