The girls in Physical Science did a great job with the demos today for electricity and magnetism
http://m.imgur.com/v3j22DH,rM1jAph,2Kzpzt4,62sAwsr,gPdFxje,yeYdMX7,Z7I7AhO,448w9hO,Wjzmi9W
Students in Grades 2-5 took part. The girls demonstrated several experiments from their textbook and others we had done in class. The girls demonstrated static cans, Apologia's 12.2 electroscope, jumping pepper, squishy circuits, series circuits, and an electromagnet. I demonstrated different magnets. We ran out of time; so, I left the materials for the classes to do more exploration. There may be time after the tests next week. The Physical Science class has performed four demonstrations for the kids. They benefit everyone. The Physical Science class has to understand the experiments; the kids love to have the teens demo. I think the teachers derive ideas from these sessions, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment