In the last post, I shared my favorite introductory video. The video below is Part 2 of the series on Nuclear Energy. It explains nuclear fission.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Apologia Physical Science: Module 13: Radioactivity
Our Physical Science Co-op class reviewed the Periodic Table, atomic number, etc. early in this past school year. Hence, our focus now is on nuclear energy, one of my favorite topics. Prior to 9/11, I would take Chemistry classes to the Dominion Power plant in Louisa, VA for tours. We were able to tour the training center and simulator. I took a week-long program sponsored by Dominion Power through the University of Virginia before the University disassembled their nuclear reactor.
In the last post, I shared my favorite introductory video. The video below is Part 2 of the series on Nuclear Energy. It explains nuclear fission.
In the last post, I shared my favorite introductory video. The video below is Part 2 of the series on Nuclear Energy. It explains nuclear fission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment