Friday, October 28, 2016
Apologia Physics and Physical Science: Center of Gravity
Yesterday, the Physics class worked on vector addition. But, I like to have a hands-on activity just about every class. So, I brought in my Bottle Balancer, which demonstrated center of gravity. As you can see here the guys balance the bottle immediately. Want more? A classic example for demonstrating center of gravity is a sky hook. Another favorite is the balancing bird. The Exploratorium even has teacher instructions using clay and a meter stick. Let's round out this post with one last center of gravity hands-on activity from Educational Innovations. Take a look at the ideas using craft sticks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment