Friday, October 14, 2016
Grant Process: 5 Minute Science
I'm in the middle of developing a grant program for a local elementary school and thought I would share some of the ideas. The grant will include 5 minute science experiments, watershed education, and a courtyard makeover. The librarian is spear-heading the program and wants to start this month. We're starting with Exploratorium's rotocopters, CD spinners (Here are templates.), rocket balls--with tennis and ping pong balls, and UV beads. Why these? The issue is cost. I have the UV beads on hand to donate. The librarian had CDs. We selected activities that are inexpensive and easy to scale up for hundreds of children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment