Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Apologia Physics Update
All four guys were present so after making clinometers, we all went over problems, part of an assessment. The guys completed selected problems from the chapter test in the textbook supplement. For me, the goal of an assessment to to check progress. I do all of the problems and manage to make every dumb error. Forget to convert minutes to seconds? Check. Did I note the units? Nope. Did I forget to square in the equation? Yup. After we completed the problems and reviewed all of the steps to show how to reduce errors and answer questions, I asked my husband, Rob, if he was satisfied with the boys' progress. You can learn a great deal from the discussion apart from their answers. If you are going alone, check the answers to a problem. If yours is incorrect, redo it to see if you just made a simple math error before studying the solution manual. Better still, show mom or dad exactly how you obtained the answer. Our next class is all about adding vectors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment