Friday, October 14, 2016
Pasco Tech Update: Sparkvue
I am a firm believer in tech--especially with home-schoolers! I'm experiencing frustrations with my Pasco sensors. I'm in the middle of developing a science program with a local elementary school. The school's librarian wants to makeover her media center into a STEM center with a Maker Space. Cool, right? So, I brought in my iPad, airlink-2 interface, and motion detector and set it up to demonstrate the Sparkvue labs. Nothing happened. Zero. The Sparkvue app had recently updated. My iPad-2 is now obsolete. I bought an iPad-Air 2 and downloaded the Sparkvue app. Sure enough, the motion detector works! Aaarrrgggh. I set up the older iPad-2 again just to check. Nothing. Here's my concern. How many people, schools, Co-ops can afford to update their iPads every few years? Mine was only two years old. I contacted Pasco with my concerns. Pasco does have a device, Spark Element, which interfaces with Spark-link and Air-link and has loads of labs. But it's $200. Aaarrrggghh. What bothers me is that these technology trials deter people from adopting new tech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment