The Physics class is working on Optics. As a teacher, I have encountered gaps in students' basic education. One gap is creating timelines using a number line. This earlier blog has examples my chemistry class drew. Wiki How has a 12 step process which includes links between birth and death. I suggest color-coding the different scientists. I'm a stickler for using graph paper and correct scales on a number line. A timeline is a graph.
The Physics class is going to create a timeline describing the development of quantum theory, which arise from research in Optics and Waves. (This site outlines many of the major contributions and formulas. Here is more background about spectroscopy and its contribution to quantum theory.). Key contributors include the following scientists: J.J. Balmer, J.R. Rydberg, Max Plank, Albert Einstein, Neil's Bohr, Louis de Broglie, Erwin Shrodinger, Paul M. Dirac, Wolfgang Pauli, G.N. Lewis, Werner Heisenberg, Hideki Yukawa, Ernest Rutherford, many of whom are listed here.
Students will research each scientist's birth, death, and significant contributions to place in chronilogical order (to scale) on a timeline. I can hear the screams now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment