Update: Things went week. I completed frog and fish and launched Human Anatomy. We had one of the best discussions of the year. Yeah!
We’re comparing major animal phyla and weaving in taxonomy. This poster is my ideal comparison. A few weeks ago the kids created comparison charts similar to this one. I used several sources for notes: animal images, this slideshow, and notes similar to this outline. We ran through Phylum Porifera, Cnidaria, Playhelminthes, Annelida, Mollysca, and Arthropoda. The kids are completing their comparison sheets and classification (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Species) for the earthworm, clam, grasshopper, crayfish, sea star, perch, and frog, the specimens they dissected. On Thursday, i’m Doing another crash course introducing Human Anatomy, in lieu of Phylum Chordata with these resources: The Basics of Physiology, Human Organs and Systems, and Organ Systems of the Human Body. I think the kids are more interested in human organs than perch or frog parts. We’ll see how it goes. If nothing else, two of the kids are taking the Human Biology class this summer; this will be a nice introduction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment