We used a digital microscope that attaches by USB to the laptop. We focus the slide and then take a picture. The kids draw the image. We drew cartilage, nerve cells, muscle, etc. Sketching slides is a bit of discipline. This is the Skin Touch Receptor Lab. Here is the Sweat Gland Distribution Lab. Here are a few of the pix.
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Human Biology: Skeleton and Skin
Today is our second, two-hour class. We started with a skeleton quiz and POGIL Activity The Skeletal System, drew sketches of microscope slides, and started the skin lab. We ran out of time and will restart the skin and nerve lab next time. I spent time asking the kids about an article I had posted on the Google Classroom web page for the Human Biology Class. (BTW, the kids can post their paragraphs right on the web page.) I spent time checking their work, too. I had assigned way too much coloring in their anatomy coloring books.
We used a digital microscope that attaches by USB to the laptop. We focus the slide and then take a picture. The kids draw the image. We drew cartilage, nerve cells, muscle, etc. Sketching slides is a bit of discipline. This is the Skin Touch Receptor Lab. Here is the Sweat Gland Distribution Lab. Here are a few of the pix.
We used a digital microscope that attaches by USB to the laptop. We focus the slide and then take a picture. The kids draw the image. We drew cartilage, nerve cells, muscle, etc. Sketching slides is a bit of discipline. This is the Skin Touch Receptor Lab. Here is the Sweat Gland Distribution Lab. Here are a few of the pix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment