The Human Biology Class group is still organizing. We agreed to meet at my house once a week for two hours beginning in late May. We are using Mader's Human Biology textbook. The 14th or 15th edition are fine. Biology textbooks are obsolete before they're published. (Who knew measles can cause immunity amnesia?) We're using this Anatomy Coloring book, too. The kids must memorize the major bones and work through the first several sections in the coloring book about position, direction, planes, cavities, and systems before we start. I bought Halloween skeletons ($12-$15). The first task is to determine if the plastic skeleton is accurate. (Sometimes, the sacrum or coccyx is off or missing.) The kids are going to cut out and label paper skeletons. Plan on reviewing the names of bones frequently. I bought an eScience Anatomy kit from www.shopgoodwill.com, which has a skeleton, brain, and eyeball. (Don't pay $100.)
Here is a photo of the skeleton from the eScience kit. It comes on a stand. I ordered the kit to cannibalize the beakers, pipets, disposable gloves, test tubes, etc. The skeleton, brain, and eye ball were a terrific bonus. (Photo is taken in my basement storage.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment