Update: Look at this idea for organs and torso in paper.
I’m completing the Apologia Biology class and sorting materials fo the Human Biology class. This Human Anatomy Big Book is useful for its posters. The book is often available on wwwshopgoodwill.com, Amazon, and eBay for less than $20–much cheaper than a set of posters. I bought six mini-skeletons on eBay for about $10. They are quite accurate. I use Halloween skeletons and have the kids determine if the toy is accurate or not. I located stethoscopes and blood pressure cuffs in the basement to teach the kids how to take blood pressures as a lab. We are deciding if we want to dissect a fetal pig. Maybe. We are definitely using anatomy microscope slides in class. Home Science Tools has great sets. I have this Amscope Set. I have clay for models, like this human heart to make, this clay long bone model, the brain, even muscle systems! I’m excited to get started! Anatomy in Clay has free lessons, such as this one about joints and arthritis; more free lessons are here. We’re starting with Feet’s of Clay. I’m going to need more clay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment