Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Hog Hilton
My Chemistry Co-op class has started to learn about electron configurations. I use an analogy with metro cars. Each metro car is an orbital. Generally each seat hold two riders. People try to sit as close to the door as possible. People stay as far apart as possible, only sitting next to strangers after each bench has one rider. Another analogy is Hog Hilton. It’s another way to help kids understand the rules underlying electron configurations. Here is another Hog Hilton worksheet. Usually kids understand the concept with practice. Here is the slideshow I’m using with the kids. Note the periodic tables showing the s,p,d, and f blocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment