Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Buy Specimens

Update: Look at these insects listed at Good Will online!  I should have taken Entomology as an undergrad.  What a collection!

If you teach science classes frequently, you may want preserved specimens.  Good Will frequently has listings for specimens: Insects, Fossils, and Rocks and Minerals.  Good Will has preserved specimens similar to these plant and animal sets occasionally.  Here are examples of the sets of animals.  I would love to have a set for my Biology Co-op class.  However, I cap my bid at $25.   The animal set is an excellent way to introduce animal phyla and do comparative morphology—classification and animal characteristics. The kids can always sort photos instead of expensive specimens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...