Top Secret Toys has three different Dissect-it kits: Frog, Piranha, and Salamander. Paul is studying amphibians and fish. Paul is dissecting both the frog and the piranha, which I think is hilarious. Usually kids dissect a perch. After Paul finishes the piranha, he is going to compare the fish and frog models in a chart. I like these kits. I have had my share of kids too squeamish to dissect in class or ethically opposed to dissection. Both the frog and piranha kit have two refills of the synthetic goo. So, I can reuse both kits for Biology as alternatives to dissection, when families oppose dissections. Below are pix of the fish dissection. BTW both Paul and my husband, Rob, still balked over the synthetic dissections. The two of them are that squeamish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...






No comments:
Post a Comment