Saturday, June 5, 2021

ABO Simulation

 I’m prepping for Biology next Fall.  Here is an entire series of lessons and simulated blood labs with detailed instructions.  Scroll down the document for the blood recipe.  The recipes for the suspects and anti-sera use chemicals such as Epsom salts (MgSO4) and washing soda (Na2CO3).  Calcium nitrate for the anti-A and anti-Rh is available on Amazon—but it’s pricey.  I’m going to try making a different precipitate with calcium chloride and baking soda.  (Driveway Heat is calcium chloride.). I need to see how well the solutions color with food dye.  I found this Virtual Blood Test Lab for the kids to use if they are confused.  I’m  putting blood tests on the list for summer projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...