My husband, Rob, and I just returned from the Columbus Air Force Base in Mississippi. We helped our son, Fr. Josh, with a Family Day VBS. We have another family member with high risk health issues here at home. Rob and I have been vaccinated; our family member wanted a negative Covid test after we returned. I had been interested in the home test kits. We used the BinaxNow kit kit. How accurate are home kits? We both tested negative. BinaxNow is 98.5% accurate for negative results. The test was easy and fairly noninvasive. Here is Abbott’s website with a bit more information about the test kit. Here is even more information. The antibodies are in the test card, much like the Eldon blood test card blood type kit. Yet another opportunity for a science lesson.
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment