One of the most popular chemistry labs is Polymers. Here is an earlier post with loads of links for chemistry labs. Another related activity is Power Balls! Kids make their own super balls. Here is an Instructables project to make molecules from polymer clay. (My class does the Polymer labs and builds the molecules during a unit of Organic Chemistry.). Here are 27 polymer ideas from Terrific Science. I look for sales, such as this one, Power Ball kit, from Michaels. Pick out three or four polymer labs to try the next time the kids say they are bored.
Sunday, February 20, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment