Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Catapults, Poppers, and Chain Reactions.

 Today’s homework is to practice Craft Stick Chain Reactions.  None of us got it!  We had more success with Poppers and catapults.  The wide craft sticks seem to work better than narrow craft sticks.  Walmart sells a box of 1000 of the smaller craft sticks for about $5.  Jumbo craft sticks are about $11 for a box of 500.  Between Camp, Physics, and VBS, we go through many craft sticks.  I even use them as stir sticks in Science and for Genetics activities in Biology.  I like a few activities which are inexpensive; the kids can experiment and make several catapults.  I ran out of eyeball ping pong balls.  We’ll have to use plain ping pong balls for rocket balls 

Friday.







No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...