During COVID I taught Chemistry remotely for our local home-school Co-op. Not my first choice. I made up Chemistry kits families picked up off my front porch. Here are some of the labs and lab links the kids did at home. Yes, they also did experiments from the Exploring Creation with Chemistry textbook. My approach to teach Chemistry is to start with a lab and use the lab to scaffold instruction. The teens perform over forty labs during class. You should, too! Many of the labs require household chemicals. You can use yogurt cups, coffee filter, craft sticks, etc. instead of expensive lab equipment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment