The kids made elephant’s toothpaste today. My husband loathes messy experiments—which is why he teaches Math and Physics, not Chemistry. A few kids loved it so much I sent home supplies to experiment: hydrogen peroxide and yeast. Add a liberal about of dish soap and yeast. We like to run ribbons of food dye down the sides of graduated cyclinders. Water or soda bottles work well, too. Here are instructions from Scientific American. Take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment