Next week, Biology begins with Ecology. The kids bring in long lists of local organisms to edit as a class. We’ll use the list to create food webs. First, we’ll do Levels of Organization. I just use plastic cups. I assign kids into groups and give them a stack of cups and ask them to put the levels in order from smallest to largest. Here are extensive notes; I don’t do a lengthy lecture. Instead, I refer to the levels of organization as we review different organisms and systems. The second photo is one of the sets I made with plastic cups. I bought stacks of cups from the Clearance section at Walmart to use for Levels of Organization. I teach Biology often; it was a worthwhile investment. Use disposable cups instead. Tiny, Dixie cups are fine. I’m getting excited to teach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment