Tuesday, October 13, 2026

Pool Noodles

I saw Generation Genius’s ad for pool noodle science ideas.  Do you need to pay for ideas?  You already know how I feel.  This is a variation on the Penny Boat experiment.  You may want to just go with an aluminum foil boat and skip the pool noodles.  Although it does look cool!

 Last June, at Maker Camp, we made Pool Noodle Flingers and Pool Noodle Balance Boards.  (Years ago, my kiddos made PVC Balance Boards at Science Camp.  They practiced on the concrete patio.  What could go wrong?)  Both were hits! 






Instead of another pricy subscription, let’s see what else you can make with pool noodles? Consider a Pool Noodle Periscope, Pool Noodle Play House, and Javelin Throw.  Littles might like a set of Pool Noodle Building Blocks.  The next time you see an interesting ad, use the idea as inspiration. What else can you make with pool noodles?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Start with a Book!

 I’m a fan!  I love to center a science lesson around a book.   Start with a Book  (SWAB) has hundreds of ideas.  Explore  Topics , such as ...