Paul and my husband, Rob, did the frog dissection with Dissect-it! When the kit arrived, both of them heaved a sigh of relief that it wasn’t a real frog to dissect. The frog kit has two refills for the synthetic goo which supports the skeleton and organs. I bought and used the Smithsonian Synthetic Frog Lab with a Biology class to prep for the dissection, which came with one refill of the synthetic goo. I have no idea where to buy more of the goo. Gelatin does not work and makes a mess. Paul made a few sketches and identified the skeleton and organs. It’s a decent model of a frog. It even has vomerine teeth. Take a look at the photos. I recommend the kit and instructions for an elementary aged child who is reluctant to dissect. Take a look.
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...







No comments:
Post a Comment