No, we didn't get as far as I might like today. The kids did host an awesome program for Head Start. The Anatomy class planned the outreach program. My Biology class ended early to help. I set up stations early this morning before my Biology class began. The Head Start kids were due at 11:00. So the Anatomy class arrived at 10:30 to go over any last minute details. We read 'Germs Make Me Sick', did a lesson about germs with Glo-germs. The kids finished Sumi Nagashi or paper marbling and CD spinners. These three activities took an hour. Next month we plan to spend just 30 minutes to allow time for recess before lunch. We had so many activities left, our plans are set for next month.
After we ate lunch and cleaned up, we had class. First, we reviewed the skeletal system together and individually. Then we assembled a floor puzzle of the skeletal system. Wait! Before you mock this idea, the kids have to know how a skeleton is organized. We worked on this for twenty minutes. I read some more from the book and quizzed the kids on paper. The younger kids did this orally and I spelled the terms for them to copy. They need handwriting practice. V.e.t.e.b.r.a.e takes a while to finish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment