Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Apologia Young Explorers: Skeletal Systems
We spent all class period learning how to name the bones in the skeletal system. Last class, the kids had constructed paper skeletons (or this one for younger children). The kids brought their skeletons to class. The older children wrote the names of the bones on to post-it notes to label their respective skeletons. I wrote the names on the board and on the post-it notes for the younger children. The kids labeled their skeletons and the life-size one. Then we spent time going over the names--a half hour, in fact. Then, the kids did some copy work, matching, and crossword. I sent home the post-it notes and paper skeletons for the kids to practice at home. See how things went!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment