Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Apologia Biology: Microscopes!

First thing, the kids remitted their reports from Swiss Cheese and finished their food webs.  (Just as a note--keep hard copy or digital records of all activities!)  Today, we did spend time with the microscopes.  (I own two and borrowed two more from a local college.  I have quite a few microscope slides, mostly from eBay or Goodwill.)  We finally looked at cheek cells.  I pulled a ton of slides of protozoan so, particularly those likely to live in ponds.  The kids spent time sketching.  We reviewed the names of the parts of the microscope, too.  The kids collected pond water samples to take home to cultivate.  We broke up early today to help the younger class with the Head Start outreach.  Half of the group is out next week; my plan is to finish some of the microscope work, the POGIL activity, and the microbe lesson then.  I sent the POGIL and microbe lesson home with the kids to finish as a make-up lesson.  So we're more or less in Module 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...