My Bio Co-op class uses the Biology Coloring Book. (I bought used copies for about $5 each. Most had few to no markings.) Module 7 in Apologia Biology includes the DNA structure, Replication, Transcription, and Translation. My kids are building a series of models this week. They are coloring and reading over Thanksgiving Break. Here is a DNA coloring page. Here is a DNA replication coloring sheet. Here is a transcription coloring page with the nucleotides labeled. Here is a Transcription/Translation coloring sheet. Coloring is like modeling. It forces the kids to look more closely at the molecule. I want to reinforce the composition of DNA, RNA, and the processes of replication, transcription, and translation.
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment