The Bio class is tackling DNA replication, transcription, and translation, Module 7 in Apologia Biology. DNA codes for proteins. The processes of replication, transcription, and translation or protein synthesis are very confusing. So, I’m on a quest for models. The kids are completing DNA models, paper models, and DNA templates. You can make models with pipe cleaners: Make a DNA Model, Bio Bracelets, and How to Make a Model of DNA…, How about DNA Replication with Paper Clips? I’ve used this activity with four colors of paper clips; the kids were confused. Teens find the bead models less confusing. Here is a top for hands-on models. Ask the kids to explain the model. What does the red bead represent? Which nucleotide is A? Differentiate between nucleic acids and nucleotides. Explain in words how DNA replicates or copies itself. How are DNA and RNA different? Remember, the model is teaching a process.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment