I want to share the slideshows I’m using for class: DNA Replication and Transcription and Translation. Here is the link for the Central Dogma lesson at Khan Academy. My Bio kids do a huge series of activities and models before I use these slideshows to review the concepts and fill in a few details. At this point the kids have built DNA and RNA models, replicated, translated, and coded into amino acid chains. I know it sounds backwards. I find that after teens make several models, they are now ready to understand how the models represent the events.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment