My Co-op Biology class is learning the Central Dogma: DNA transcription, translation, and protein synthesis. Take a look at this diagram. I’m using DNA sentence activities as How to Understand DNA without really trying, Synthesis Worksheet (Key), and Say it with DNA (Key). The kids are doing these in the three activities in this order, too. Two groups are already completing all three activities. The other thirteen kids haven’t started. All typical. I just need to find meaningful work for the four kids who are mikes ahead of the others without punishing them for working efficiently. Keep in mind, the purpose is to help kids see how DNA codes for proteins.
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment