I just encountered a new version of slime, Butter Slime. I like to do a Slime lab with my teens in Chemistry when we study polymers. Here are ten slime recipes to consider for lab. We use borax. Some recipes require contact lens solution containing boric acid. Since you asked, here is a post explaining the difference between borax and boric acid. A few years ago, some families went off the deep end over borax. I was volunteering at a camp where a I’m asked me if I was using borax in slime, the borax that was killing children! I was taken aback; I hadn’t realized the level of hysteria associated with borax. FYI, one of my former students was taking Accutane for severe acne; he had an adverse reaction to borax during a slime lab. After a long talk with the Admin at school and research on my part, we determined that the Accutane can sensitize a person’s skin. Subsequently, the student observed all labs and enjoyed the attention and concern from his classmates. Apart from the one child, I haven’t had any adverse reactions to slime made with borax.
No comments:
Post a Comment