Teens in my Chemistry Co-op class are experimenting with MEL chemistry kits. The starter kit has a folding stove for tea candles. Here is a similar, folding stove, designed for camping. You can use either STERNO or tea candles as a heating source. I like that it has a stable base. Tea candles and STERNO heat solutions slowly. This is another tool to use with your home lab. Have your family time how long it takes to heat solutions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment