Educational Innovations sells a Poly Density Kit. The beads settle in the middle of the solution, a mixture of alcohol, water, and salt. The beads are made of different materials. A teacher posted about a lab she does using pony beads and UV pony beads. The UV beads are slightly less dense. Temu, Amazon, and Educational Innovations sell UV beads. I took a screen shot with her instructions for individual density bead demos. I took a screen shot below to give her credit. Tap on the photo to read the directions. I use this activity as a discrepancy event. I show the kids and ask them to figure out why the beads settle in the middle. Fun, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment