We’re just starting DNA. But, last year I tried DNA sentences. Wow! They helped enormously! Kids struggle with the difference between replicated DNA, transcribing DNA to RNA, coding into amino acids. The kids decode words and create sentences. Here is the one I’m using first. There are many, many DNA sentence activities: Say it with DNA, Protein Synthesis Sentence Activity, or Spell Your Name in DNA. Once kids have the process, then go back and instruct in the specifics for replication, transcription, and translation. I know this sounds backwards. But, if they have the overall concept, the rest is just details.
Thursday, December 5, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment