The Co-op Biology class was able to finish three trials of the DNA extraction. We used a blender, mortars and pestles, and even hammers to pound split peas. (It’s a larger class.). The two girls got spectacular results. I believe they read and followed directions. Add a bit more meat tenderizer than specified. Pour the alcohol down the side of the beaker or test tube. The girls repeated trials using different dish detergents and percents of alcohol. The rest repeated the experiment until they got some DNA. The white clumps or strands are DNA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...







No comments:
Post a Comment