Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Cell Models

 Like DNA, kiddos feel as though making cell models are doing science.  I do assign models for Biology; they help kiddos visualize the organelles, cell wall, and cell membrane.  Many families love to make edible, cell models.  I have banned them from class.  Why?  Inevitably, one of the kiddos insists on making the cytoplasm from something that leaks all over the classroom.  I still include edible models below. Below are ideas and examples.  I nearly forgot Shrinky Dink Models!

1. BJU has 4 Edible Cell Model Projects which include cake and jello models.

2. Build a LEGO Cell.



3. Raid the ink drawer to make a Trash to Treasure: Plant Cell Model.


4. Create a traditional Clay model.  These tend to vary in quality.



5. Easy Cell Model can be made from paper or felt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...