I have a huge bag of plastic test tubes which fit in standard test tube rack. The lab is microscale; the reactants are measured in drops of 0.1 M concentrations. The lab is safe and cheap.
Monday, January 20, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Module 6 Empirical Formulas and Chemical Formulas
We reviewed empirical formulas before we did the Chemical Formulas Lab. (Free lab is here.). The lab uses mole ratios, stoichiometry, and solubility. I added a bit of reaction prediction. I reminded the kids they need to know copper and iron use the stock system, cupric means copper (II), and ferric is iron (III). I wrote out the reaction combinations and the kids predicted the products of the double replacement reaction—also precipitation reactions. We have not studied solubility or solubility rules. We have encountered loads of precipitates. NaCl forms and is soluble. The product which forms the greatest amount of precipitate has the mole ratio of the compound. Tuesday, we need to finish debriefing the lab.
I have a huge bag of plastic test tubes which fit in standard test tube rack. The lab is microscale; the reactants are measured in drops of 0.1 M concentrations. The lab is safe and cheap.
I have a huge bag of plastic test tubes which fit in standard test tube rack. The lab is microscale; the reactants are measured in drops of 0.1 M concentrations. The lab is safe and cheap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment