Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Sensors

Good Will has a CBL kit recently listed.  The CBL2 system is a data devise.  It collects data with probes.  I have used several types of CBL devises.  Most CBLs connect to TI 83/84 calculators.  The data collected through the CBL is stored in the Stat tables, L1 or L2.  Even if the CBL does not function, there are several probes included: temperature, light, and voltage.  eBay  has an older version of the CBL for about $20 and CBL 2  for around $30.  I would not pay more than $30.  The three probes are worth around $30; there is not guarantee the CBL works.  More often than not, the probes work well.  The probes can be used with TI84 and Vernier’s Easylink. (Here  are the probes compatible with the TI84 and Easylink.). Often, I use TI 84 calculators with temperature sensors in lab.  Remember, when you bid on a kit or set, determine what you can cannibalize from the kit.  Usually, I restrict my bid to about $20 (including shipping) for kits and sets similar to the CBL kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...