Friday, January 17, 2020
Science Equipment
Good Will has Celestron LCD digital microscope available. Note these microscopes are a gamble even if they power on. Normally my kids use USB digital microscopes with a laptop to view slides. This means the kids study microscopes at a low resolution. Most of the time, this is enough. Once in a while, such as mitosis slides, it’s better to use higher resolution microscopes. N.B. When the kids use high resolutions, they are more apt to scratch the lens; the kids forget and use the coarse adjustment and grind the lens into the microscope slide. See why I use inexpensive digital microscopes? I am still VERY tempted to bid on the Celestron microscope. The local library has one for its Maker Space. The resolution is amazing. I find the librarians are reluctant to take out the Celestron microscope; they are expensive. The result is few kids get to experience a good digital microscope. I cannot rationalize buying one myself; I just want one very badly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment