Chemistry kits vary in quality. Thames and Kosmos is a good example. (Here is more retail information.). Good Will often has chemistry kits. I am not tempted. Take a hard look at the kits. Usually they do not have much equipment such as beakers, flasks, or thermometers. The Thames and Kosmos C3000 Kit includes a clothes pin. (A clothes pin can serve as a test tube holder or tube clip.). When I evaluate a chem kit, I ignore the chemicals. Chemicals degrade; their shelf life is about five years. This type of commercial chem kit is more of a toy than a tool. Compare commercial chemistry kits with Labpaq Chem Kits. The Labpaq kits offer more equipment; this example has a digital scale and glassware. Here are a few key terms I use to search for kits on eBay or Good Will: ‘lab kit’, ‘science kit’, ‘Labpaq’, ‘eScience’, ‘microchem’, or ‘chem Kit’. By all means try Facebook Marketplace or other e-commerce sites. I have had the best luck with Good Will and eBay. Don’t forget to check the prices on Amazon!
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment