Where do you stand on dissections? My kids dissect seven specimens. (BTW I ordered the sets of specimens from Home Science Tools. I bought sets of their dissection guides, too.). I have two fetal pigs for optional dissections. The dissection guides in Apologia’s Biology textbook are fine. I have found that the kids need more images. There are plenty of free guides from the Biology Corner and the Biology Junction. We use printed guides so the kids won’t get too on their tablets or expensive textbooks. Is your child vehemently opposed to dissections? You may want to use The Science Bank’s Online Dissection Resources. One example is from PBS, Dissection 101. Is your budget too tight to buy specimens? Don’t apologize. Instead select virtual dissections with worksheets. Treat it like a real lab and make detailed notes. I would have your child watch videos, label diagrams, and try to creat and label a paper model, such as this paper frog dissection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment