I’m planning ahead for the Botany unit. I was at Walmart to see which plants are in stock. The Walmart near us (Quantico, Virginia) has calla lilies. Sadly, calla lilies are NOT recommended for flower dissections. Which flowers are suitable for a dissection? Here is flower dissection lab which recommends lilies, tulips, daffodils, alstroemerias, and gladiolus. It’s warm enough that daffodils are starting to bud. One of my students has daffodils in her yard. Here is a flower dissection specifically for daffodils. Once, I couldn’t locate any flowers for a reasonable price and used fake daffodils for the flower dissection. Really. My plan is to wait until the daffodils bloom to start Botany. You may be able to find Easter lilies discounted after Easter to use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment