Tuesday, January 14, 2025

Science of Sleep

 My jet-lagged brain has been obsessed with sleep.  Arrgggh!  It can last for weeks!   Usually, I sleep well.  However, my husband sleeps poorly. Chamomile, melatonin, and OTC antihistamine have no effect.  My son asked for tips because he’s starting to have issues.  Let me organize habits. We follow these tips.  We’re upstairs, in bed, reading by 10:00 pm.  We awaken at 7:00.  Every. Single. Day.  There are no naps, little caffeine, or late night snacks.  I follow my husband’s rigid sleep hygiene regime because I don’t want to rock the boat or acquire sleep issues.  Guess what?  Do all these tips work?  Not all the time.  (My husband is scheduling a second sleep study.)  But, if your sleep issues are mild, they may help.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...