I was trying to activate my glow in the dark yarn I got for Christmas. I’m knitting a hat and want it to glow in the dark right away. A few minutes of sunlight activates the yarn, too. But I have a UV flashlight and thought it might be quicker. It only took a few minutes with the UV lamp to get the yarn and hat to glow. I hit my set of UV beads that were in the kit with the lamp, too. Since I had out the UV flashlight I thought I would mention the Glow Germ kits and the UV Beads. If you have young kiddos, read Germs Make Me Sick as part of a handwashing lesson. Since I had out the kit, I sprinkled a few germs on the table for my class to see how they glow. Here is a list of other household items which glow under a black light. Many stains glow, too. While you are in the bathroom running experiments, scan the flash light or lamp over the sweatshirt, too. Fun, right? (Paul insisted I add a mini ghost as a topper.)
Wednesday, January 29, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...









No comments:
Post a Comment