I started class with Halloween skeletons. The kids used their textbooks to determine whether or not the Halloween skeletons are accurate. My three-foot skeleton is pretty accurate. I do this activity whenever I introduce the skeleton. Next we reviewed the names of the bones to see what they remembered from the Young Explorers Human Anatomy. They knew some names. We reviewed the major names and quizzed a few times. Here and here are the cranium and human skeleton worksheets we’re using to test ourselves. Be sure to review the names of the bones frequently; otherwise kids just forget. Now is the time to learn the sutures, bones, and processes of the skull or cranium. It will make the brain parts much easier; many lobes are named based on the bone which protects it. Below are two skeletons. The left skeleton was in an eScience kit and is accurate. The other one was a Temu purchase and has issues. The Temu skeleton is still useful for the Body System in Clay activity we’ll do later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment