There have several news articles and opinion articles about the impact of AI on student brains. Have you read the MIT article? As a result of this evidence, I’m doing everything I can to minimize use of AI. ( I don’t encourage the use of AI, with the exception of Grammarly AI , and only for kids with profound learning differences.) How? Kids are hand-writing their lab reports, homework, and tests. We’re collecting data on paper and later creating spreadsheets. I think we should resume using textbooks whenever possible. Yes, I’m still using tech, such as slide decks. I’m insisting the kids look up terms in their books or use instructional videos from class. Going forward I’m evaluating each assignment in light of these studies about cognitive decline and AI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment