Wednesday, September 3, 2025

Digital Thermometer

 I use a digital thermometer in labs frequently.  They provide constant temperature readings.  Spirit thermometers don’t recover quickly when measuring hot liquids.  There are options.  I have TI 84 graphing calculators we use in math classes.  The TI 84 calculators interface with Vernier’s EasyTemp sensors.  Usually eBay has used EasyTemp sensors.


Vernier has Go! Temp sensors which connects to the USB on a laptop; the software is free.  eBay sells used probes.  The only issue is using a laptop near liquids in lab.


Amazon sells digital thermometers, too.  I find this option less attractive.  I have had issues with cheap thermometers.  I know the Vernier sensors are durable and use them.                                                  





No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...