Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Review
One suggestion I have for you is to do constant review. For example, give the kids two reactants and ask them to predict the products, write the formulas, and balance the equation. This reviews nomenclature and balancing equations. Then ask them to determine the number of grams of each reactant needed to form five grams of one or both of the products. As often as possible, write compounds and molecules in words and have the kids write the correct formula. It's the only way to keep these skills fresh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment